As the release date approached for our first quarter release, we realized we were planning to release a lot of changes and improvements all at once. Instead, we’ve decided to split the release up into 2 or 3 parts. The first part was released last night.
The upcoming release will include the other changes we mentioned in our previous newsletter, including a revamped Start Page – with charts and more summary data.
Highlights of what’s been released in Part 1:
- Increased File Storage – We’ve doubled the file size limits on uploads and increased overall storage from 200Mb to 1Gb. Soon we’ll be releasing an option for even greater storage.
- Follow Up and Expected Close Dates – These are now included in the Calendar, Start Page Reminders and Appointments Report.
- Additional Security Profile – We’ve created a new “Manager” security profile. Read more about this later in the email.
- View combined calendars – Previously, you could only view one calendar at a time. Now, view a combined calendar of all users.
- Choose Acocunt, Opportunity or Lead when entering a new Task or Appointment
- Easily view associated Account, Opportunity or Lead when viewing a Task or Appointment
- Increased space for your logo and have it display on login page.
- Added search box for messages.
- Revised organization of Admin page.
- Easily lock-out a user from the Admin page.
- And there’s more on the way…
New Manager Security Profile
In the past, each team would default to having a single Admin person. A lot of the time this worked fine, but occationally, there was a need for more flexibility.
In this latest release, we’ve given you the ability to create as many Admin or Manager users as you need.
The new Manager profile gives a user with that profile the ability to view any records, even if you’re operating in the Closed Model for security access. This was only possible previously if the user was an Admin.
Admin users are also by default made Managers, but they also retain access to the Admin area – whereas Managers do not.